Friday, February 28, 2014

I couldn't take it anymore..

My ends were a Hot. Mess. Split ends and single strand knots everywhere. I couldn't take it anymore, so I cut it all of!!
Okay not all of it, I did get kinda scissor happy and cut about 3-4 cm (1 1/2 inch) and about 6 cm in the back. I went from almost shoulder length to right under my ears. 
I washed and deep conditioned my hair the night before and then braided my hair in cornrows. The day after I blow dried my hair on low heat and then continued to trim my horrible ends.

I just had to get rid of that dead weight, start fresh and I'm LOVING it. It looks and feels so healthy again. I've done this before when I've avoided trimming because I wanted to retain length but that didn't help because my hair kept breaking off. I'm gonna start trimming probably every 2-3 months, stick to my hair regim and hopefully I'll see some length and thickness by summertime.
It feels great running my fingers through my hair!! 

Stay tuned for more!

Love Always,
Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment