Monday, February 24, 2014

My beloved Heat Wrap!

When you do a hair treatment such as deep conditioning and oil treatments, it's highly effective to incorporate heat because it causes the hair cuticle to open up and allows the product to penerate into the cortex. (Source: Blackhairinformation)


I bought my heat wrap on Amazon (<---- Click the link!) Make sure you purchase from the warehouse in the UK; amazon.co.uk because shipping is going to be cheaper.

These liquid filled cushion things (I clearly don't know what the correct name is.. But you get what I'm saying lol) can be heated in the microwave or on the stove. I heat them up for about 1-1.5 min in the microwave. 

The next step is to put the liquid things in the pockets of the wrap.

The big one is placed on top of your head, from forehead to nape and smaller ones are placed on the sides.

The texture of the wrap is similar to a towel. You have to put on a plastic shower cap before putting on the wrap.

This is what the package looks like.


Stay tuned for more!

Love Always,
Yaya


No comments:

Post a Comment