Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2014 was a year of revelations...

I'm a perfectionist to a fault. It's something I've been aware of for quite some time. There's nothing wrong with having a specific vision, however in my case wanting perfection left me with no room for error. That's why I haven't blogged in a while. I was being really hard on myself whenever I would try to write a post and eventually the post would end up as draft. (Believe me when I say I have at least 10 post that are saved as draft... Le sigh). 


                                   


I've come to realize that I need to step outside of my comfort zone, allow myself to be vulnerable and just let my creativity flow. With that said, I will be posting non hair related topics on my blog in future, topics that I am passionate about and can relate to. NeoRoots the blog needs some CPR and be revived with new content because I have a short attention span and get easily bored.......
In 2015, I want to challenge myself more, learn new things, have new experiences, realize my dreams smd so much more. I'm scared but definitely ready.

Let the creative juices flow!

Stay tuned.

Love always,
Yaya

(Image found on Instagram)

P.S. Can I just say that it's been amazing seeing the increase of black awareness, bloggers, forums and documentaries in Scandinavia. It's so dope that more of us are creating our own space and displaying our versatility. I'm truly inspired by my surroundings and can't wait to see more in 2015.





No comments:

Post a Comment